This is one of my husbands favorite meals. I’ve discovered that men can usually handle two each.
1 package of garlic naan from Trader Joe’s (6 per bag)*
1/2 lb Jimmy Dean Italian Sausage or Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage
1/2 lb lean ground beef/ground sirloin
1 small jar of marina sauce or pasta sauce (Trader Joe’s has a decent marinara sauce). You will use about 2 TBSP of sauce per pizza.
1 package of Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Shredded Mozzarella
1 clove minced garlic
A bit of minced onion (not much, this is just for flavor)
2 TBSP 50/50 Olive Oil Butter Blend, melted (or 2 TBSP melted butter), OR 2 TBSP olive oil
Fresh basil leaves
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Mini heirloom tomatoes or sliced Roma tomatoes
*If you prefer to use Trader Joe’s whole wheat naan you can turn it into garlic naan by rubbing it with garlic OR adding a bit of garlic powder into the melted butter before you brush the naan with it.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425 or 450
2. In a large skillet, begin to saute garlic and onion over medium heat, add the sausage and ground beef/sirloin and cook, stirring occasionally, until brown. (I usually turn the heat up higher toward the end to get the meat nice and brown). Remove the pan from the burner and set aside.
3. Lightly bush each piece of naan with butter/olive oil mixture.
4. Spread about 2 TBSP of marina sauce over each piece of naan (you don’t need much sauce—too much will make it soggy.
5. Top with meat, basil, desired toppings, then sprinkle the mozzarella over the top. I add a few pieces of basil at the end, too for color.
6. Bake on a pizza stone, cast iron skillet, or cookie sheet, for about 15 minutes or until cheese and crust begin to brown.
Remove from oven and serve immediately. Some like some pepper sprinkled on top.